EVERGLADES BICYCLE CLUB ANNUAL HOLIDAY TOY RIDE!!
was held Sunday, December 14, 2014
7:00-7:30 AM Toy and Donation Drop off & Refreshments
7:30 AM---All Rides begin
Ponce de Leon Middle School, Coral Gables
The event was a great success again this year. Over 600 toys and over $1,000 in cash, checks and gift cards going to St Stephens Aids Ministry for distribution throughout Miami Dade County to needy children and families!!!
Go out to the Everglades Bike Club facebook
page and check out some of the photos:
Extra special EBC thank you to Mary Beth Garcia, the Toy Ride Chair whose organizational skills and attention to detail drives this special EBC to success year after year.
Thank you to all our great sponsors, volunteers and cyclist who participated in the EBC annual toy ride. Special thanks to:
- Starbucks in Coconut Grove for the donated coffee
- MariaLuisa Hoover and Michael Hoover for including us in your Gravelers event and collecting toys and cash with registration today,
- George Feliciano and Team Sindicato for presenting over 50 toys again this year
- Carol Sheets for donating the beautiful shiny new Boys and Girls bikes,
- Toys R Us for their wonderful corporate discounts to help our dollars stretch. The EBC shopping elves who snapped up as much for our budget as they little pointed eared heads could at Toys R Us.
- Saint Stephen's Aids Ministry: Margaret, Virgin, Pete, Susie, Bate, Deacon Charles Humphries and Dick Renzo for all your support and help beginning at 6:30 AM the morning of the ride
- EBC for the matching funds of $1,000 and covering all the food and refreshments
- Ciclovia for including us in your event and the EBC volunteers who collect toys and cash from 8:30AM to 12:30 PM. Mercedes Castro, Patricia Massey, Vickey Boruck, Gerry Garcia.
- Volunteers and Ride Leaders: Oriel, Elena, Gregory Allen Neville, Patricia B Massey, Vickey Boruck, Gloria Batule, David Fernandez, Gerardo Garcia, Ruben Fuentes, Gary Word, Alex Pruna, Javier Lejardi, Anthony Nicholas Ingham, Patricia Pardinas, Oscar de la Guardia, Jerry Boyarsky, Jose Pepe & his beautiful wife
- Greg Neville who helped with logistics loading up supplies from the warehouse needed at the various locations.
- Everyone who chipped in and gave their time and money to the success of the event!
Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza---Seasons Greetings and the best to you and yours this holiday season and throughout the New Year everyone !! We done good again!!
$20.00 minimum donation in cash/check or an unwrapped, new toy or gift for children infant to 17 years old. Gift Cards (think Movies, Target, Best Buy, Gap, etc.) are especially appreciated for the teenagers.
Admission fee to ride:
Everglades Bike Club is matching all donations up to $1,000.!!!
All proceeds go to St. Stephens Episcopal Parish, Aids Outreach Ministry for distribution to needy children in the Miami areas, Coconut Grove, Homestead, Perrine and Cutler Ridge, areas. Twice as many children need our help this year. Please make this holiday a special one for all the needy children and young adults in our community.
Refreshments will be donated by EBC and Starbucks and will be served before and after the ride (all toy and cash donations due the morning at ride start please). There will be four ride levels for the Toy Ride. Bring the family; bring a friend, partner or spouse to this festive charity event! Most importantly bring cash, check, a gift card or a toy!!
Please make checks out to: St Stephens Aids Outreach Ministry (Not EBC)
Let’s show Miami’s Children Community how much Everglades Bike Club cares!!
4 Leader-Led Rides:
This years ride will be partnering with the Ciclovia event. All rides except the family ride, will include a loop or two on the Ciclovia event on Calle Ocho between 29th street and 9th Terrace.
Please contact Mary Beth Garcia, Holiday Toy Ride Chair @ 305-389-5156 or email@example.com for additional information.
Here's a handy flyer with all of the information.
This is an EBC official ride and signature release and helmets are required to ride.
About the Ciclovia event: The Florida Department of Transportation is bringing ciclovía to Miami-Dade County. The plan is to “open the street” (in this case, SW 8th St from SW 22nd Ave to SW 9th Ct) to people on foot, on bike, on any form of non-motorized transportation, to experience historic Calle Ocho and provide FDOT with citizen input toward ongoing studies related to proposed improvements of this corridor..
EBC events can't happen without the wonderful support of volunteers. Please let Mary Beth Garcia (contact info above) if you can help;
Thank you for your support…See you on the 14th!!
- EBC Elves for Shopping at Toys R Us on December 11th @ Toys R US South Miami @ 6:30 PM,
- Ride registration/toy drop off the at the ride at Ponce de Leon Middle School.
- Shift 1: 6:30 AM to 7:45 AM
- Shift 2: 7:45 AM to 12:00 Noon.
- Man the Cyclovia Booth on Calle Ocho to collect toys from 8:00 AM-1:00 PM.