Video: Everglades SnowBird Century Ride March 2013, presented by World One & O-sharif Productions. Thank you Celso Souza for sharing this on YouTube.
The 2015 Roland Mazzotti Snowbird Century starts at the Homestead Air Reserve Park at 7:30 am. It is one of EBC's most popular annual events attracting over 600 riders every year. Best supplied rest stops. Plenty of water, sports drinks, fruit and more. SAG provided by local bike shops, as well as roaming SAG on the route. Nominal charges for parts. Well marked routes. No fundraising required. We ride for fun and we ride to support our community. This year we have chosen Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade as our charity beneficiaries.
30 Mile Family Fun Ride
This is the perfect distance for the touring rider, the beginning cyclist, or those of you just getting back in the saddle.
40 Mile Ride Back by popular demand! We are offering an intermediate ride for a fun day out on the bike with your family and friends. Make a day of it and see picturesque South Dade countryside by bike!.
62 Mile Metric Century For those a little more ambitious. Metric century riders will accompany the century riders through the scenic and rural Homestead, Florida City and Redland areas. THIS YEAR, FOR METRIC CENTURY RIDERS THE ROUTE INCLUDES AEROJET ROAD!!
100 Mile Century BEST VALUE !! For those that are looking for the ultimate challenge. Century riders will visit the extremes of South Miami-Dade County. They will be on the edge of the Everglades when they visit the Chekika rest stop, they will visit the secluded Aerojet base in the southern reaches of the county, and get a beautiful view of Biscayne Bay at Homestead/Bayfront Park.
Note to Century Snowbird Cyclists: The 2015 Roland Mazzotti Snowbird Event ends at 3pm. For the 100 mile riders - "All Century riders passing mile 45 after 11:10 am will be directed to finish with the Metric Century riders" to ensure that you will be able to enjoy the catered lunch at the end and we can provide SAG support for you. This information is also posted on the 62/100 route maps.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE WEAR THE RIDER IDs WE PROVIDE YOU (EBC HELMET STICKER, WRISTBAND, AND JERSEY BIB NUMBER). WE WILL BE CHECKING FOR PIRATE RIDERS. THOSE WITHOUT WILL BE TURNED AWAY FROM REST STOPS AND OUR PAID CATERING.
Directions to Homestead Air Reserver Park: Florida Turnpike South. Exit on Allapatah Rd. Exit 9A South. Continue on 112 Ave. until 268th Street turn right. Continue to 122 Ave. The entrance will be on your left.
Volunteer Information and Rest Stop Sponsorship
As many of you have in past years, given generously of your time to support this event, we hope that EBC can once again count on your generosity for this year's ride. There are many, many opportunities to volunteer and support our riders, whether it is sponsoring a rest stop, packing and sorting the truck before the ride and of course, the usual fun-fun-fun of the clean up afterwards.
Below is a brief overview of the opportunities/vacancies that need to be filled. We're using VolunteerSpot to organize this event. Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click this link to see open positions on Volunteer Spot http://vols.pt/mXvESh
- Review the activities listed and choose the one(s) you like.
- Sign up! Its easy and you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on Volunteer Spot. VolunteerSpot DOES NOT share your email address or other contact info with anyone, nor will EBC.
Rest Stops to Sponsor/staff:
Each site needs a team of approx. 2-7 volunteers:
1. Homestead Air Reserve Park: Opens 5:30 am (for Registration & Rest stop staff) \ Rest stop Closes 4:30 pm
2. Kingswood Montessori Academy: Open 7am - Closes 1:30 pm
20130 SW 304th St., Homestead FL 333030-3510 305-248-2308
3. Aerojet: Opens 8 am - Closes 10:30 am
22700 SW480th St., Homestead FL
4. Phil's Berry Farm: Opens 9:45 am - Closes 1pm
24200 SW 160th St., Miami FL 33125
5. Homestead Bayfront Park: Opens 8:15 am - Closes 2:30 pm
9698 SW 328th St., Homestead, FL
6. Packet Stuffing Party: 3/24 Thank you volunteers
7. Purchasing, Sorting & Logistics: 3/28 @ 09:30am - 11:00 am NEED 6 people
Meet at Costco in Kendall (13450 SW 120th St),
8. Sorting & packing truck at Air Reserve Park 3/28@ Noon - 4:00 pm NEED 8 people
8. Truck pick up (Friday) and Warehouse Packing/Truck Return (Sun): NEED 3-4 people
9. Parking Attendants Homestead Air Reserve Park 3/29 from 05:30 - 0800: NEED 2-3 people
10. Clean up Crew at Homestead Air Reserve Park 3/29 from 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm: NEED 8 people
Thank you again for your past support and we do look forward to hearing from you. You can also contact Patricia Massey,
EBC Secretary and Volunteer Chair, email@example.com, Cell: 954-646-3341
PAST EBC SNOWBIRD CENTURY EVENTS AND SPONSORS: